What a weekend!
We’ve been having so much fun out at the racetrack that we completely forgot tomorrow is Monday again! If we could have drag racing every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, we would totally do it! I mean, come on, the thrill and excitement that comes from seeing your favorite race car drivers take home the coveted prizes is priceless!
NHRA World Champion Del Worsham
Photo Cred: NHRA/NATIONAL DRAGSTER
Here are some of the highlights:
– This weekend’s race marked Del Worsham’s second victory NHRA world championship title and his first in Funny Car.
– Other winners included Shawn Langdon (Top Fuel), Allen Johnson (Pro Stock), and Eddie Krawiec (Pro Stock Motorcycle).
– Langdon earned his second Top Fuel win of the season, sweeping both Wallys at this track for the second time in his career.
– Krawiec closed the Pro Stock Motorcycle season with a victory and earned a second-place points finish when he defeated two-time champ Matt Smith in the final round.
– Johnson claimed his second win of the season and 26th of his career by holding off Vincent Nobile in the final round.
From everyone at Fairplex, CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners this weekend and we look forward to kicking off the 2016 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing season in February!
The Circle K NHRA Winternationals are scheduled to take place Feb. 11-14 at our venue! Hope to see everyone in 87 more days! Not that we’re counting, or anything like it! 🙂