Is it just us or did this week seem to stretch for an exceptionally long time? Maybe it’s because last week we only had 4 days at the office thanks to Memorial Day or maybe it’s the June gloom that’s thrown us off but either way we are embracing the promise of sunshine and summer air. That being said…here’s what to do in Los Angeles this weekend:
Image courtesy of Apolonia at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
1. National Doughnut Day: You might consider making Friday your diet “cheat day” because there are free doughnuts for everyone. Krispy Kreme and Dunkin’ Doughnuts are giving away free doughnuts all day long for those of you with a craving for something glazed, sprinkled or jelly-filled.
2. Celebrate LA: Rep your LA pride on Friday at Celebrate LA, the self-proclaimed “Ultimate LA Block Party.” I guess that’s fairly accurate, since not every block party is hosted by the mayor of Los Angeles, Ryan Seacrest and Bill Clinton. This free event is host to delicious food (free nachos for the early birds!), music and interactive sports with the LA Galaxy and the LA Kings.
3. It’s time for Dodger baseball: With the Kings at an away game on Saturday, your next best sporting event is seeing the Dodgers play against the Braves. A night spent at Dodger Stadium is perfect with the sun setting (and the heat fading), a Dodger dog in hand and rooting for the boys.
4. Food/Drink Festivals: This weekend is packed with food and drink festivals throughout Los Angeles. Whether it’s chowing down in Venice, wine in the city, beer in Malibu or Asian food in the 626, there is plenty to smell, sip and snack on this weekend.
5. 13th Annual Los Angeles River Ride: Burn off all the food you consumed over the weekend (doughnuts, free nachos, Dodger dogs, need I go on?) and hop on your bike on Sunday at the 13th annual Los Angeles River Ride. Start in Griffith Park and choose which loop you’d like to tackle. Distances range from 15-100 miles. After it’s over, relax with other cyclists and take in some live music and good food.
Whatever you decide to do, we hope you have a great Friday, Saturday and Sunday! That concludes this week’s L.A. Weekender 🙂