We are almost to Friday! Whether you’re sitting in your cubicle, just ending Spring Break or in the middle of planning a major event, there are plenty of ways to relax and enjoy the California sunshine we all
take for granted love. On that note, here is our second edition of the L.A. Weekender.
This week’s 5 picks for some weekend fun:
1. LA Beer Fest: In the spirit of our own International Commercial Beer Competition, drink, eat and play at the 5th annual L.A. Beer Fest on Melrose! Grab your favorite brew or try something new. The day is divided into two sessions. Entertainment includes dueling pianos and cover bands. A chunk of the proceeds will to Noah’s Bark Animal Rescue.
2. Ronald McDonald’s Walk for Kids: Burn calories for a good cause this Sunday at USC in a non-competitive 5k (3.1 miles). Individuals and teams of businesses, community groups, families and friends can sign-up on the official website and give donations if desired. All proceeds go towards the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California.
3. L.A. Pride: Game on if you like hockey, basektball, baseball or just some good ol’ friendly competition! Rep your city and show some team spirit this weekend at a Kings, Laker or Dodger game! Dodgers play against the Pirates all weekend, the Lakers face off against the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday and the Kings get rowdy with the Oilers and the Ducks, Saturday and Sunday respectively.
4. Ocean: Head over to Long Beach on Sunday and check out Ocean at the Aquarium of the Pacific. The show is a collaboration of artists, scientists and educators working to expand perspectives to the challenges facing one of the Earth’s most critical resources. A mixture of dance and science, it is both entertaining and insightful.
5. Taste of Pomona: Extend weekend festivities just a bit with the 9th annual Taste of Pomona on Monday, April 8. Join the Chamber of Commerce and the City of Pomona in an evening of fine dining and entertainment at the Sheraton Fairplex Hotel. The festivities begin at 5 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at the door.