If you are a train enthusiast, you won’t want to miss the SouthWest Garden Railroad Show this weekend which will feature two days of exhibits, seminars and everything else you want to know about garden railroads. You’ll also get to see Fairplex’s own Garden Railroad, one of the largest G gauge railroads in the country.
The train show is Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $10 for adults. Ages 16 and younger are free! Here is a list of what you’ll see at the show:
- A live steam track for the hobbyist that loves running trains the way they used to when steam locomotives were king
- Scale cars and trucks for the model car enthusiasts
- Precision tools for all types of hobbies and close detail work
- Parts, people and accessories for custom built projects including locomotive, rolling stock, buildings and more
- Railroad items, both authentic and reproduced, to add to the decor of your railroad and home
- Railroad reference material including pictures, videos, art and books
- The Southern California Chapter of the Locomotive and Historical Society will have the Railgiants Museum open during the show
Don’t miss out. Bring the entire family to enjoy a day out.