In case you are one of the many who are missing out on Coachella this weekend, our LA Weekender has a few suggestions for you…
1. An evening with Hitchcock: Start your weekend a little early tonight at the New Beverly Cinema and a back-to-back Alfred Hitchcock special. Shell out $8, buy some popcorn and enjoy the genius of “Rear Window” and Rope.”
2. Burbank Art Festival: Downtown Burbank will be packed with artists, street painters and plenty of art lovers this weekend (Sat-Sun.) Animation and digital artists, painters, sculptures and photographers will be on-hand, displaying their artistry. For more information, check out the art festival’s website.
3. Los Angeles Dance Festival: Continuing the art activities is the Los Angeles Dance Festival. The whole weekend is packed with performances, open classes and discussions focusing on everything from ballet to aerial dance. Purchase tickets and read up on available classes and performances here.
4. Bar & Garden: Prepare your palette for the L.A. County Fair’s wine classes at Bar & Garden, the newest of many fun establishments in Culver City. Visit after brunch on Sunday (2 – 5 p.m.) for a little wine tasting. One of my personal favorite weekend neighborhoods, a stroll through the Arts District reveals many fun restaurants and bars to check out.
5. Lucha Libre USA: If wine tasting on a Sunday afternoon is a little too quiet for your taste, look towards Ontario for the Lucha Libre USA masked fighting tournament. It’s all noise and rowdy fun for all ages (to watch, not fight…).
And you’re off! Have a fantastic weekend, whatever you decide to do