Oktoberfest opens at Fairplex this weekend and we couldn’t be more excited! Nothing screams fall like crispy cool evenings, good music and a stein full of beer. Here are our top five reasons we love Oktoberfest:
5 Reasons To Love Oktoberfest
1. The beer: Hefeweizen or Oktoberfest? Ales or lagers? It doesn’t matter — we have both. In fact, we have 12 types of beer to choose from. Just get your stein and be ready to pick! Widmer, Spaten, Warsteiner, Konig, Franziskaner… the choice is yours.
2. The music: We are huge fans of live entertainment (you don’t work at a place like Fairplex if you don’t have a love for big events), and this year we’re bringing you two stages, a dance floor, and a wider variety of music than ever.
From traditional German “oom-pah-pah” music in the Festhalle to classic rock tribute bands in the Festplatz, the vibes are varied, but all equally fun. We have DJ Schlagen spinning Top 40 tunes in the Danz Halle and for those looking for a quieter atmosphere, we will have acoustic music in the Pavillon.
3. The food: Oktoberfest is not the place to eat if you’re on a diet. We’re grilling up bratwurst, knockwurst, sweet corn, potato pancakes and potato salad! We even have King Taco serving up non-traditional German fare in the Festplatz. It’s definitely an evening to treat yourself.
4. The games: Whether you’re a participant or a spectator, the Oktoberfest games and competitions are always a good time. Stein holding contests, Chicken Dance fun and other activities are happening all night long in the Festhalle. We have yet to actually participate in the games themselves, but they’re always fun to watch.
5. The people: Everywhere you look, people are having a blast at Oktoberfest. From the group determined to build the tallest stein pyramid in the Halle to the folks dancing with abandon on the dance floor, everyone is in a great mood and ready to celebrate the arrival of Fall.
We hope you’ll join us for another October of merrymaking at Oktoberfest. Remember, tickets are only $5 on Fridays! You can also save by purchasing your ticket and stein on Goldstar.
See you this weekend! PROST!