The Asian American Expo comes to Fairplex this weekend to celebrate the Lunar New Year! We plan on eating tons of good food, shop a little (or a lot), and watch live entertainment all weekend long. If you plan on joining us, there are a few things you should know before attending:
1. It’s the Year of the Monkey. According to the Chinese zodiac, this is the year of the monkey. The monkey symbolizes cleverness in Chinese culture and is often viewed as a powerful and protective figure in mythological tales. The Lunar New Year is only a few weeks away so welcome the Year of the Monkey in style with us!
2. Grab a red bag. Upon entering you will likely be offered a red bag. Take it. Red symbolizes good luck and you’ll definitely want something to carry all your acquired food, goodies and free swag in!
3. Know your options. The Asian American Expo spans several of our exhibition halls and a good portion of the grounds so it’s easy to miss some of the best entertainment. Check the schedule for eating contests, dance and music shows, Anime Impulse happenings and of course, all the food and craft beer options available.
4. Arrive with an empty stomach. You’ll want to leave plenty of room in your stomach for noodles, sushi, dumplings, desserts and beverages while you’re here! Arrive like you’re planning to devour all three meals at once (because you most likely will!)
5. Buy pre-sale. Avoid the lines and purchase tickets online. That way all you have to do is show up to the entrance and you’ll be set for your day with us. Check the Asian American Expo website for ticket purchase details.
That’s it! We hope you’ll join us this weekend. Make sure to tag @fairplex in all your Twitter and Instagram photos and you might see your content featured on our social media channels!