McKinley’s Grille is whipping up a delicious feast for Thanksgiving dinner. We can’t wait for the smells of roasted turkey, candied yams and house baked pumpkin pie to come wafting through the air.
Many of our dishes will be made with ingredients selected fresh from our Farm! With the new expansion we are able to grow more vegetables, herbs and fruits than ever before and we are excited to include them in our menu.
Chef Teig has shared a few of his favorite Thanksgiving recipes with us over the years, and if you’re looking to create your own Thanksgiving dishes, try adding these to your holiday fare:
Chef Teig’s Turkey Gravy Recipe
- 6 turkey necks
- 1.5 gal chicken stock
- 2 ea. onion (medium)
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 ea. medium carrots
- 1 T black pepper corns
- 1 t coriander seed
- 2 ea. bay leaf
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Roast turkey necks at 400F degrees until necks start to brown.
- Cut onions, celery, and carrots into large chunks. Toss lightly in oil and roast at 400F until vegetables starts to brown
- Combine necks and vegetables in a large stock pot. Add pepper, coriander, bay and chicken stock.
- Bring to simmer and reduce by ½.
- Melt butter in separate pot and whisk in flour to make roux thickener. Keep moving roux slowly on a low heat until the mixture turns light brown.
- Strain the turkey stock and put back on a medium heat. While stock is simmering, slowly whisk in roux until gravy reaches desired thickness.
- Season with salt to taste.
Grandma Carol’s Cornbread Pecan Stuffing
- 2 lb. cornbread
- 12 oz. 1”diced fennel
- 12 oz. 1” diced onion
- 3 oz. chopped garlic
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups toasted pecans
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup ground fennel seed
- ½ cup chopped fresh sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice cornbread into 1.5” cubes.
- Sweat fennel, onion and Garlic in olive oil until translucent. Mix cornbread with fennel, onion, and garlic.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stuff in turkey and roast or put in medium roasting pan and bake covered at 350 degrees for 90 minutes.
For more information about McKinley’s Grille and Thanksgiving at Fairplex, visit www.mckinleysgrille.com.