Here we are again at Friday! Summer weekends are especially glorious because the weather is fantastic–perfect for cliff jumping, surfing the waves or, you know, just taking a nap in the backyard 😉
Keep reading to figure out what your weekend plans should be:
1. Man of Steel: Take it easy tonight (we have a fun-filled itinerary for Saturday) and opt for dinner and seeing Christopher Nolan’s latest creation, Man of Steel, opening in theaters this weekend.
2. poly-kroma: Support Cal Poly Pomona and check out poly-kroma, the art show put on by their graduating art majors! If you’re in our neck of the woods and feel like being inspired, I highly recommend stopping by Millard Sheets Center For the Arts for the afternoon. I was there yesterday and the talent and creativity that line the walls is wonderful. Free to the public. Open through Saturday, 12 – 4 p.m.
3. Chinatown Summer Nights: KCRW will be setting up shop in Chinatown on Saturday to play some sweet tunes for Chinatown Summer Nights. Grab a bite to eat, watch some life performances and stroll the beer garden and marketplace for a spell.
4. “Inconceivable!”: If you’re a Princess Bride fan, head over to the Hollywood Forever Cemetery for an outdoor showing of this classic Saturday night. Tickets are $12. Bring a blanket, a picnic and enjoy; the movie starts at 7:30 p.m. (Note: Tickets are sold out; a limited number will be sold at the entrance. Early arrival recommended.)
5. The 30th Claremont Folk Festival: Taking you back into the Inland Empire, the Claremont Folk Festival brings folk, blues, art and food together to raise funds for the city’s Folk Music Center and Folk Music Center Museum. Tickets are $25 and free for children 12 and under.
6. Happy Father’s Day!