In light of National Margarita Day, we thought we would close this week by featuring some fun margarita recipes.
Whether planning to entertain guests for a dinner party this weekend, or simply kicking back by yourself for the day, here are several ways to get your fiesta on and start the weekend right. TGIF, after all!
Combine all ingredients in an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake until cold and strain into a chilled salt-rimmed glass.
Recipe and photo taken from Cooking Channel TV
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 2 quarts ice cubes
- 1 can (12 fluid oz) frozen limeade
- 12 fluid oz tequila
- 1/4 cup Cointreau
- Margarita salt for the rims (optional)
- Lime slices (optional)
- Working in 2 batches, place 1 quart ice cubes in a blender. Add 1/2 can limeade, 6 ounces tequila and 2 tablespoons Cointreau. Blend at highest speed until drink is almost smooth. Pour into a pitcher and repeat with remaining ingredients. Store in the freezer.
- To salt the margarita glasses, pour a single layer of salt on a salad plate. Moisten each glass rim with lime; dip each rim in the salt. Pour margaritas into each glass; garnish with lime. Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo taken from Pam Anderson, USA Weekend
The “Healthy” One:
For those already in the fight to achieve their summer figure, consider the Watermelon Margarita. This drink is only 105 calories. No need to deprive yourself of a Friday night treat!
Ingredients: (serves six)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lime wedge
- 3 1/2 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Triple Sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
- Lime wedges or watermelon balls (optional)
1. Place 2 teaspoons sugar in a bowl. Rub the rims of 6 glasses with 1 lime wedge; spin rim of each glass in sugar to coat. Set glasses aside.
2. Combine watermelon and next 4 ingredients (through Triple Sec) in a blender; process until smooth. Fill each prepared glass with 1/2 cup crushed ice. Add 1/2 cup margarita to each glass. Garnish with lime wedges or melon balls, if desired.