Fun 5ks, a movie under the stars and Food Truck Thursdays are just a few of the things we have in store for you at Fairplex. There are a lot of options but here are a few events you might want to think about adding to your social calendar this year:
Five Things To Do at Fairplex This Summer
The crowd goes wild at Vans Warped Tour
1. Vans Warped Tour: Warped Tour invades the Fairplex infield on June 20th for a full day of punk, pop, metal and alternative rock bands. Bands like Devil Wears Prada, Yellowcard, Less Than Jake and Mayday Parade will be playing along with multiple other favorites. To buy tickets and see the full lineup visit www.vanswarpedtour.com.
The Learning Centers at Fairplex Summer Art Camp
2. TLC Summer Art Camp: Away from the craziness of the fun runs and Warped Tour is The Learning Centers at Fairplex Summer Art Camp. Students ages 7-13 can learn how to pain, draw and make ceramics over the duration of the summer, a perfect recluse from the heat and an outlet for young creative minds. For more information click here.
Cheers: L.A.’s Wine, Spirits, Beer and Food Festival
3. Cheers Festival: Eat, drink and be merry for a cause! We take the business of partying seriously at Fairplex and nowhere is that more apparent than at the annual Cheers – L.A.’s Wine, Spirits, Beer and Food Festival event at Fairplex. Food trucks, live music and unlimited tastings of wines, beers and spirits? Sounds like a perfect summer evening to us! The fact that ticket sales benefit The Learning Centers programs makes it even better. For more information click here.
KABOOM! at Fairplex Fireworks Show
4. KABOOM!: 4th of July means the roar of monster trucks and the crackle of fireworks at Fairplex. Join us for a full evening of monster trucks, motocross, buffet dinner and one of the largest fireworks displays in Southern California. KABOOM! is summer at its finest. For more information visit www.fairplex.com/kaboom.
Los Angeles County Fair 2014 opens Aug. 29th, 2014
5. Los Angeles County Fair: Our summer ends with the biggest celebration of all: the Los Angeles County Fair. We have animals, shows, superheroes, deep-fried and gourmet food, carnival rides, dancing, concerts… essentially the biggest end-of-summer party in L.A. To see everything we have in store visit www.lacf.com.
What are you looking forward to this summer? Let us know in the comments section below!