That’s the initial count on the number of canned goods Fairguests donated to the Los Angeles Regional Foodbank on the first of four Ralphs Food Drive Fridays at the Fair. Bring your cans to any Fair entrance next Friday from noon to 6 p.m. and we’ll give you a ticket for complimentary Fair admission. and NO waiting in line!! Let’s double the number of donated cans next Ralphs Food Drive Friday on Sept. 18. And thanks!
This Friday from noon until 6 p.m. and each following Friday of the L.A. County Fair bring 5 cans of Ralphs Private Selection canned goods to any entry gate at the Fair. You’ll be helping the Los Angeles Regional Foodbank with your food donations and you’ll get into the Fair FREE! How cool is that?? So get on over to your nearest Ralphs. See you Friday. No cheating: 5 cans = one free Fair admission.
Serving the community is great, and doing so out of the kindness of one’s heart is the best way to do it. And, sometimes, if a special treat comes with the effort, that’s nice, too! The L.A. County Fair and Ralphs grocery store are teaming up to give — and give back.
Ralphs Food Drive Fridays are hitting the Fair this year. Guests who bring five Ralphs private label canned products to the Fair will get in free! Use your Oprah voice – “FAAAAREEEEEEEEE!” (Oprah always turns one-syllable words into two). The food will be donated to Feeding America, formerly Second Harvest Food Bank.
What a win-win situation! Start saving your Ralphs private label cans! You can visit the Fair, for free, at least four times!
Yep, that’s correct. One month from tomorrow (ok, 32 days – sheesh!), the illustrious gates of the L.A. County Fair will open to guests of all ages. We have a great program planned for 2009 but what’s the main reason to come to the Fair? A Fair-cation at an affordable price! We have such amazing deals, you should NOT have to pay full price to get in. We will not squeeze you dry.
That’s right. I said it. Do NOT pay full price! Take a look, and then take ACTION, to scoop up one of these great deals:
• Labor Day Weekend treats: Besides the $1 admission from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., all 22-ounce soft drinks are just $1 at all food and beverage stands from 1 to 4 p.m.; carnival rides, games and select food items are just $1 from 4 to 7 p.m.
• Super-Saver Season Pass: If you plan on coming to the Fair more than twice, this is the deal of the year! For just $24.95, guests ages 6 and older can purchase a Season Pass, good everyday of the Fair. Show pass to a Fair parking attendant and receive a free parking upgrade, a $5 value, good weekdays. All customers who purchase a season pass will receive a RCS Carnival Coupon Book with valuable ride, game and food and beverage discounts for the carnival. The Pass is a $420 value.
• AT&T Any Day Admission Tickets: Come to any AT&T store to purchase admission tickets for just $10 for adults and $6 for ages 6-12. Customers must print tickets online, at Fair admission kiosks or at any Fair ticket booth. Each AT&T adult and child any-day admission ticket comes with an exclusive unlimited ride carnival wristband offer (purchase required, restrictions apply). Wristbands are $35 and must be purchased before 9 p.m., good until 11 p.m. weekdays; must be purchased before 4 p.m., available for use until 7 p.m. weekends. With purchase of the unlimited ride carnival wristband, customers will also receive a voucher good for any two midway carnival games (up to a $10 value). Wristbands must be purchased at a carnival ticket booth. Presented by AT&T.
• McDonald’s Wednesdays: Admission to the Fair is just $20 Wednesdays, which includes an unlimited ride carnival wristband. Vouchers for Wednesday specials are available beginning Saturday, Aug. 30, at participating Southern California McDonald’s restaurants. Presented by McDonald’s.
• Online Pre-Sale Admission Tickets through Aug. 31: Purchase any-day admission tickets online for just $10.
• Online Carnival Pre-sale Offer through Sept. 14: Receive 10 percent more carnival ride tickets when purchased online. Carnival rides average 3-9 ride tickets.
• Ralphs Fun Pack: Wednesday –Friday, just $28, includes two weekday admission tickets, two five-ride carnival passes, two corn dogs or hot dogs and two 16 oz. soft drinks (available in the carnival midway only), in-store bounce-back coupons good for Ralphs food products. Fun Pack coupons are available at participating Ralphs grocery stores, beginning Aug. 30 through Oct. 2, or while supplies last. Presented by Ralphs.
• Seniors: Seniors ages 60 and older are admitted for $14 weekends, $9 weekdays and just $6 Wednesdays, Senior Days. Groups of 20 seniors or more receive $5 admission and can take advantage of a Senior Club Discount Card with $1 off Fair admission Wednesdays, Senior Days. RCS offers free rides on Ferris wheels in the carnival and at the Clock Tower, Wednesdays for ages 60+. Now that’s a sweet deal!
Lots and lots of sweet deals. There is no reason why I should not see you here on one (or more!) of the 23 days of the Fair.
Check out our Web site for more deals!
Have you visited the discounts and promotions page on the L.A. County Fair Web site? Did you see all the ways to save money on tickets? So, there is absolutely no reason why you should pay full price to get into the greatest Fair in the country.
Here is a brief list of discounts:
• Opening Day, Friday, Sept. 5 – admission just $1 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Opening Day admission 5 p.m.-midnight: Ages 13+ $12, Ages 6-12 $ 7)
• Kids Free Fridays – Kids ages 12 and under are free every Friday with paid adult admission
• AT&T Any Day Admission Tickets – Go to any AT&T Wireless store beginning Aug. 1 to purchase admission tickets for just $10 for adults and $6 for ages 6-12. Each AT&T Adult and Child any-day admission ticket comes with an exclusive unlimited ride carnival wristband offer (purchase required, restrictions apply). Wristbands are $35 and must be purchased before 9 p.m., good until 11 p.m. weekdays; must be purchased before 4 p.m., available for use until 7 p.m. weekends. With purchase of the unlimited ride carnival wristband, customers will also receive a Smart Card good for any two midway carnival games (up to a $10 value). Wristbands must be purchased at a designated carnival wristband redemption kiosk.
• College Thursdays – Celebrate Thursdays throughout the Fair. Admission is just $5 for college students with proper identification.
• $5 after 5 – Admission after 5 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays is just $5. It’s a great way to spend a date night or just reinvent a weekday evening, presented by Dish Network.
• McDonalds Wednesdays – Admission to the Fair is just $20 Wednesdays, which includes an unlimited-ride carnival wristband. Vouchers for Wednesday specials are available beginning Saturday, Aug. 30, at participating Southern California McDonald’s restaurants.
• Ralphs Fun Pack – Wednesdays – Fridays, just $28, includes two weekday admission tickets; two five-ride carnival passes; two corn dogs & two16 oz. soft drinks (available in the carnival midway only); in-store bounce-back coupons good for Ralphs food products; Fun Pack coupons are available at participating Ralphs grocery stores, beginning Aug. 30 through Sept. 26, or while supplies last. Valued at more than $115. Presented by Ralphs.
Check out our discount page for all offers.OK people! We’re down to T-minus 21 days, nearing DEFCON 1. This is it! The 2008 L.A. County Fair will be here before you know it!!!!
A global panel of judges just finished selecting the best wines from around the world at the Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition, held here at Fairplex. The event has been part of the Fair for 69 years, presenting gold, silver and bronze awards to the best the wine world has to offer. And while the event, a private judging, is held in May, the winners will be announced June 14 at the Wine & Cars Under the Stars gala, which is open to the public. The winners will also be showcased at the Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Marketplace during the L.A. County Fair.
The Wine & Spirits Marketplace (presented by Ralphs, who also sponsored the wine competition) is a great opportunity for all of you armchair wine connoisseurs to learn about award-winning wines, olive oil, cheese, ice cream and beer, and sip some of the winning wines and shop in the Crushed Grape. Our wine department, led by our indefatigable cellar master Mary Ellen Cole, always organizes an interesting cadre of wine experts to present classes like wine pairings, “Guess Which Wine?,” wine and chocolate, and cooking with olive oils. We also offer cooking seminars with professional chefs.
But if you can’t wait until September to try some of these fantastic wines, get yourself to Wine & Cars Under the Stars, a fun evening where vintages of the grape variety meet up with vintages of the four-wheeled variety. For information on that, visit winecarsstars.com.
As the venerable Plato said, “In vino veritas (In wine is truth).”