The 102nd LA County Fair will celebrate the medley of communities that comprise Los Angeles County with its 2024 theme Stars, Stripes and Fun. Fair dates will be May 3-27, 2024.
LA County is one of the most diverse counties in the nation, brimming with a mix of cultures and communities, and the LA County Fair celebrates them all. Through song and dance, awe-inspiring exhibits and the enticing aroma of everything from corn dogs to turkey legs, tacos to red beans and rice, plantains to funnel cake, the Fair honors LA County with Stars, Stripes and Fun.
The 16-day event opens the first Friday of May, the third year in its permanent shift to the spring season, with new attractions, honored partnerships and, of course, lots and lots of food. But the main component, as always, is fun!
“County fairs are a community celebration, and county and state fairs across the nation reflect the unique characteristics of all their communities. Fairs celebrate people in all our wonderful and intriguing variety,” said Walter Marquez, President & CEO of Fairplex, home of the LA County Fair. “We are excited to embrace Southern California’s cultural mosaic with Stars, Stripes and Fun.”
The 2024 Fair will be chock full of programming to entice all the senses:
- The Big Red Barn, a perennial favorite stocked with animals and agriculture programming from Cal Poly Pomona’s Huntley College of Agriculture
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art returns for its second year with an exhibition in the Millard Sheets Art Center
- The Fairplex Garden Railroad celebrates its 100th anniversary
- LORE Media & Arts will create a floral wonderland in the Flower & Garden Pavilion
- America’s Great Outdoors celebrates our local county and national parks with the US Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Land Management and Los Angeles County Fair Forest Division
- The return of NextFest LA, the largest indie music festival in the US
- Family-friendly entertainment like the Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show and the Barnyard Racers Pig Racing
- Hidden gems of the Fair like wine, spirits, extra virgin olive oil and dairy tastings and classes in The Marketplace and live poetry with LionLike MindState
Plus, so much more.
Don’t miss the opportunity to win a coveted blue ribbon. Entries for the Fair’s livestock, landscaping, and Home Arts competitions open in December; Culinary Arts competitions open in January.
The LA County Fair Concert Series will be announced in December.
Season passes are expected to go on sale soon! They make great stocking stuffers for the family. Follow the Fair on social media @lacountyfair for announcements on season passes, daily admission, and concert tickets sale dates.
Visit www.lacountyfair.com for more information. See you in spring 2024 at the LA County Fair!