Our Fair Scavenger Hunts are BACK, Dare to Fair style! Follow photo clues to find our social media team throughout LA & the IE and win Fair admission, ride passes, and Dare to Fair swag!
HOW IT WORKS:
The LA County Fair social media team will be hanging out in the LA/IE with Fair admission, ride passes, and swag, just for you!
We’ll be posting photo clues on Instagram Stories or Snapchat (one channel per hunt) to guide you to each location. You can also find these clues on the Facebook Event page.
No more than two Fair scavenger hunt locations will be active per day: one in the morning and one in the afternoon. LIKE our Facebook page and visit the Scavenger Hunt Event Page for updates and clue details.
SCAVENGER HUNT DATES:
Saturday, Aug. 12 (Instagram)
Sunday, Aug. 13 (Snapchat)
Saturday, Aug. 19 (Snapchat)
Sunday, Aug. 20 (Instagram)
It can’t be a game without rules, right? It’s pretty simple:
1. Follow us on our social media channels for clues. Each clue will lead you closer to the location of the prize. We will be posting all of our clues on our Instagram Stories (@lacountyfair) or Snapchat (lacountyfair) depending on the day, but you can follow along on Twitter (@lacountyfair). Track clues and document your journey using the hashtag #DareToFair.
2. Get moving! Each clue leads you closer to the prize destination, getting more specific with each new photo.
3. Find our team (we’ll be in full Fair gear) and collect your prize! Remember, it’s first come, first serve. We’ll be posting a ‘secret’ password on the third clue that you’ll need to say to prove you’ve been playing. You will also need to show us a screenshot of the third clue.
Once you collect your prize, it’s yours to keep. Don’t forget to share your win on social media using #DareToFair!
1. After all the prizes have been handed out (or an hour has passed since the final clue has been posted), the hunt is officially over for that location. We will post an announcement on the Facebook Event Page once the prizes have been passed out. There are approximately 30 prizes per hunt.
2. You do NOT have to physically drive to each clue location – only the location of the third clue. Our first two clues help you head in the right direction, so you can find us 🙂
3. You must say the password, which will be revealed in the third clue, in order to get a prize. We also ask that you show us a screenshot of the third clue, to make sure we don’t have any random passersby taking your prize unfairly 🙂
4. All locations have been decided prior to the hunt beginning. We have selected a variety of locations throughout the Inland Empire and LA County.
5. Remember, prizes are given out on a first come, first serve basis. Good luck to all!