Southern Californians are a charitable bunch. So we thought we’d direct your attention to some simple ways to help your community while also having fun at the Fair.
10. Make a Wish: Toss in your spare change and make a wish at the pond outside the Flower & Garden Pavilion. All change will be are donated to The Learning Centers at Fairplex (TLC).
9. Take a Turn: The L.A. County Fair’s Venetian Carousel gives everyone a ride down memory lane while carnival partner RCS helps fund the future. Net proceeds from the carousel are donated to The Learning Centers at Fairplex (TLC).
8. Community Days: Every weekday of the Fair we celebrate a different community, each of which help give back in their own way! Wednesdays help bring school children to the Fair, Thursdays provide books to people of all ages and Fridays help feed the hungry.
7. Make a Donation: Make a tax-deductible donation directly to The Learning Centers and help us provide relevant educational programming. You can do so at any entrance when you purchase your tickets.
6. Volunteer: Looking for a great team-building activity? Have your group work a 3-4 hour shift on Thursdays or Fridays for our community drives! Contact (909) 865-4207 for more details.
5. Visit the TLC Building: Check out the home of education on Birch St. You have the opportunity to see education programs in action! You can even take a ceramics class and get a hands on experience of what some of our students learn (small fee applies).
4. Run for Heroes: Run the Tunnel to Towers 5k and then enjoy a day at the Fair! The event honors the heroic lives and deaths of 343 firefighters and all who perished on 9/11. All proceeds will benefit USA Cares, Siller Foundation, Blue Star Moms, Fairplex and Run Racing.
3. Enter to Win: Purchase a $20 raffle ticket for an opportunity to win a 1968 Corvette Convertible or a 2011 Toyota RAV-4!
2. Tour with TLC: Get an insider’s look at the Fair! Stop by the The Learning Centers Building at 2pm daily for this unique opportunity.
1. Bid for Kids: The 20th Annual Child Development Center Auction and Dinner helps to fund the Center’s community education programming. The auction will be held on Thursday, Sept. 29. Tickets are $100 each with patron packages available.
We thank you in advance for your generosity!