Dragons, wizards and beasts– oh my!
Take a look at the beginning stages of the Magical World of Dragons, Wizards and Beasts exhibit for this year’s fair.
Get ready to step inside our castle and interact with our tale-spinning wizard, visit the Komodo Dragon and experience our interactive activities. Located in building 5, the exhibit will be full of pop culture references to Game of Thrones, How to Train Your Dragon and Harry Potter.
Our displays are being put up by our creative team, and we cannot wait for you to see it in September!
Keep an eye out for our dragon themed giveaways including adorable stuffed dragons and dragon pins. Follow us on social media at LACountyFair to stay up to date on all of the dragon fun!
The LA County Fair is only months away and it’s time we announced some of our End of Summer Concert Series grandstand artists. We are pleased to include these talented acts at this year’s Fair including …
Hunter Hayes with Frankie Ballard and Lauren Alaina (Sept 2)
Juanes (Sept 3)
Boyz II Men & Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds (Sept 4)
Charlie Wilson with Johnny Gill (Sept 7)
Patti Labelle & Queen Latifah (Sept 8)
Trace Adkins with Joe Nichols (Sept 9)
The Whispers & The Stylistics (Sept 14)
Fifth Harmony (Sept 15)
Ramon Ayala y Sus Bravos Del Norte (Sept 21)
War & Tower of Power (Sept 22)
Chicago (Sept 23)
Tickets are available now at Ticketmaster.com! Please contact Ticketmaster for any questions regarding presale promo codes and other sales.
Admission is included with each concert ticket! We hope you’ll Dare to Rock with us at this year’s concerts. We can’t wait! More acts coming your way in July…
We’re going live on Facebook this Thursday! We’re bringing you concert announcements, ticket giveaways, new Fair swag and more during this virtual Fair party.
Like us on Facebook and turn on your notifications so you’ll get alerted when we go live.
See you Thursday at 6 p.m. on our Facebook page!
DARE TO FAIR!
Every year we have the pleasure of hiring 1,000+ seasonal workers to help us make the LA County Fair come to life, and we’re inviting you to join us!
We’re hiring in admissions, credentials, guest relations, parking, carnival, accounting and much more! Event details below:
When: June 27, 9:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Where: Avalon building at Fairplex
Requirements: Most positions require applicants to be at least 18 years of age
Applications must be completed online beforehand at lacountyfairjobs.com. If you don’t have access to the Internet, computers will be available onsite for applicants to apply on the day of the job fair.
For more information, call (909) 865-4310 or (909) 865-4309.
We hope to see you in a few weeks!
This year marks our 95th anniversary, a.k.a. the start of our 100-year countdown! From what we’ve heard, this will be our funnest Fair yet — from giant dragons to micro pigs, and cricket tacos to Nutella funnel cake. Keep reading for a preview of what we’re making for you this year!
This year we’re all about tradition. We’re bringing enough farm animals, blue ribbon competitions and experiences to last a lifetime. Some highlights to look forward to:
- Blue Ribbon Contests: Blow the biggest bubblegum bubble, whip up Grandma’s famous apple pie, or show off your tamale making skills — we’re bringing back the old-school Fair contests and the blue ribbon prizes to go with em’. From the home arts competitions in the DIY Design Studio to the spur-of-the-moment contests near Yellow Gate, guests will find plenty to watch (or compete in themselves!)
- The Magical World of Dragons, Wizards and Beasts: If you’re a Game of Thrones fan or a Harry Potter fanatic, this is the place for you. We’re building a gothic castle filled with knights, wizards, beasts and all sorts of adventures. Details to come!
- Pacific Standard Time: LA/LA: We’re partnering with the Getty Foundation for their ambitious exploration of Latin American and Latino art in dialogue with Los Angeles. The Millard Sheets Art Center, along with more than 60 other museums and art galleries in Southern California, will be joining this project. Fair guests will be the first to see our art gallery’s PST exhibit, which will run through January 2018.
- All the animals: Stanley the Giraffe is back! Our pigs, sheep, horses, goats and exotic animals are back! Our dinosaurs are back! And joining our 500+ friends in our menagerie… The Little Red Barn We’re bringing in miniature horses, micro pigs, Dexter cows, Babydoll sheep and Pygmy goats (the ones you’ve been seeing doing yoga on Facebook).
- Bugs: The Bug Barn takes “Dare to Fair” to the next level. Chef Cricket’s Culinary Kitchen & Bug Tasting Bar is serving up the aforementioned cricket tacos, along with bamboo worms, salted grasshoppers, chocolate beetles and other insect-filled fare. Great for protein, jury is still out on taste.
- Fair Fare: Giant clouds of cotton candy and enormous ribs on sticks will be back, but we’re also introducing new crazes: Nutella funnel cake, Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Cheese Fries and Pickle Cheese to name a few! Just what do these foods look and taste like? Check back with us in September and we’ll let you know!
These are just a few of the things we have planned for the 2017 Fair. We haven’t even started on the new carnival rides, Flower & Garden Pavilion, or our End of Summer Concert Series.
Check back here often during the summer — we’ll be posting updates as soon as we get them!