All Game of Thrones memes aside, our warmest season is upon us. School books are shut, windows are open and summer is well on its way. (Some would argue its already here, but according to science, the official start of summer is June 21. So.)
It doesn’t quite feel like summer to us until the rides, circus performers and other Fair paraphernalia come rolling in but we have plenty to occupy us in the meantime!
We try our best not to do too much promotion here on the blog but we are genuinely excited for everything we have coming and would hate for you to miss out on your favorite band, a chance to wine and dine, run a 5k or any other fun summer happenings you might enjoy. To play on the words of Game of Throne’s Eddard Stark: “Brace yourselves. Summer is coming.” Keep reading to hear about our biggest events this summer
1. Vans Warped Tour: Don your favorite pair of Vans, grab a Monster energy drink and head down to Fairplex for some solid good times at Vans Warped Tour. Bands include August Burns Red, Chiodos, Hawthorne Heights, and The Ataris. Don’t forget to cheer on the winners of last year’s Battle of the Bands that went down at the L.A. County Fair! Purchase tickets here.
Will it be hot? Yes. Will it be worth it? Definitely. (If crowd surfing, moshing and loud music are your thing, that is.)
2. Cheers: L.A.’s Wine, Spirits, Beer & Food Festival: Come check out the winners of our Los Angeles International Wine, Spirts, Beer and Olive Oil Competitions at Cheers: L.A.’s Wine, Spirits, Beer and Food Festival. Enjoy a casual evening at our Wine & Spirits Marketplace and eat, drink and be merry. Sip, chew and then dance the night away with your significant other or a handful of your closest friends. P.S. It’s for a good cause! Proceeds benefit The Learning Centers at Fairplex. To purchase tickets, click here.
3. KABOOM!: Celebrate the birth of our country’s independence with some fireworks, motocross, monster trucks and delicious food and beverages at the 11th annual KABOOM!.
4. Run, Forest, Run: Scattered throughout the summer are 5ks and 10ks all loaded with fun elements like foam, neon glow and colored dye. The best part? You don’t need to be a hard-core runner to participate in any of these events. What you need is a taste for adventure and some good, messy fun. Check our events page for full details on our many races.
5. The L.A. County Fair: We saved the best for last Chicken Charlie’s, carnival rides, concerts, games, photos and bungee jumping are just a few things that should be enjoyed at every county fair. And at OUR Fair we also have sharks, sea lions, Disney, Pixar, Kung Fu Panda and a Living Library of Fun.
Whatever you decide to do this summer, we hope you have a blast doing it. Check back here for updates on summer event news, things to do in Los Angeles and a behind-the-scenes look at some of our events, including preparations for the L.A. County Fair!