Welcome to the first L.A. Weekender post on Fairplex Insider! Check back on Thursdays for our round-up of weekend fun.
Spring is in the air which means you have no excuse to be hiding indoors! There are plenty of happenings this weekend. So many options, so little time. Luckily for you, we threw together a flexible itinerary of activities to explore if you are so inclined…
1. Poolside, YACHT – Because we don’t shun the hipsters around here, we are absolutely highlighting the fun in the sun happening at Santa Monica Pier on Saturday afternoon. Dynamic duo Poolside are busting out their jams, which match the laid-back Southern California vibe we all embrace. YACHT compliments the tone of the day with some fun jams of their own. If good music, happy hour cocktails and a stroll on the pier is your thing, buy tickets and make your Saturday worthwhile.
2. Beauty & The Beast: This tale as old as time is at the Pantages Theater this weekend. Don’t miss the chance to relive this classic film brought to life on stage!
3. Wildflower Festival: No better way to enjoy spring than a stroll through nature’s beauty! Take your significant other or your kids (or both!) and enjoy the colorful array of flowers featured at the Rancho Santa Ana Botanical Garden. All activities are free with garden admission.
4. It’s Time For Dodger Baseball!: It’s no surprise that opening day (April 1) will see a packed-to-the-max Dodger stadium but it’s not too late to catch the last pre-season game! Watch the Dodgers vs. the Angels this Friday night with the fam, or purchase (any) remaining tickets for opening day’s Dodgers vs. Giants mayhem.
5. Pomona Art Walk: Venture out to the IE this Saturday night to explore a different side of Downtown Pomona at the Art Walk where more than two dozen galleries feature hundreds of artistic pieces. Grab some dinner at a local restaurant and stroll on over to this free event.
Check back every Thursday for a weekend full of fun!