That’s right – you knew it would happen eventually.This Thursday (and every Thursday to follow), let the frying pan fly, ditch the dutch oven, get rid of the grill and c’mon down to Fairplex for Food Truck Thursdays. The lower admin parking lot near the NHRA museum is going to metamorphasize into a foodopolis with six of the hottest food trucks in SoCal.
What, you ask? You don’t have to cook? You can eat here as you move from truck to truck or pick up some grub on the way home from work? Yes and yes. This is casual gourmet dining at its finest. Here are your choices for the inaugural Fairplex Food Truck Thursday:
- Los Saigon: Dubbing itself the Chino Latino Truck, Los Saigon offers a fusion of Mexican and Vietnamese cuisine. It’s specialty is the Banh Mi, a sandwich on a French baguette with carne asada and secret seasoning along with pickled daikon and carrots, cucumbers, cilantro, jalepano peppers, and Los Saigon sauce. They also serve Saigon Tacos.
- Cambalache’s Gourmet: authentic Argentinean food.
- Shave It+: offers dessert.
- After School Special: comfort food favorites like meatloaf burgers, pot roast dip, chorizo sloppy joes (oh yeah!). Just like Mom made for you when you got home from school.
- Bite Me Foods: healthy, local organic food.
- Brats Berlin: classic and exotic sausages
Well, I know where I’m going for dinner on Thursday. Hours are 5:30-9 p.m. Free parking, free admission. We’ll also have a Farmers Market, so grab dinner, then grab produce for the rest of the week. See you Thursday.