For us, January just doesn’t feel like January without the Asian American Expo. This event has grown and evolved year after year, and we can honestly say this is looking like the best one yet. Here’s why:
5 Reasons We Love the Asian American Expo
1. The Food: Ramen noodles, dumplings, fried foods, steamed foods, desserts galore… we approach the Asian Expo like we do the LA County Fair, with empty stomachs and the mindset to try everything. Or at least try… the food selection is pretty huge.
2. Anime Impulse: Anime Impulse fuses the world of anime and video games into one. VIP parties, celebrity appearances, eSports, cosplay, artist alleys, vendors, panels, and a car show make this one of the brightest, liveliest sections of the Expo.
Photo Credit: Anime Impulse
3. Huge discounts: The Silk Show Sample Sale brings fashion brands to the Asian Expo, offering clothe and accessories at 50-80% off retail price. We definitely plan on checking out the STEP & Repeat sneaker convention while they’re here.
4. Culture: One of the best parts of the Asian American Expo is that it brings a variety of cultures and traditions together under one roof. From Japan to China to Korea and beyond, there are plenty of dance and martial art performances, art, food and vendors to see.
5. Instagram: The Asian American Expo is prime Instagram content. From delicious foodie shots to videos of the eating contests, it’s almost impossible to not want to capture it all on your feed. Follow @fairplex for pics, videos and live footage.
Come and experience it all for yourself this weekend at Fairplex! The expo is open Jan. 14 & 15 (Saturday/Sunday) from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. For more info visit AAExpo.com.