Happy Fair Food Friday everyone! It’s the last weekend of the Fair, so here are some of our sweetest treats to try before it’s too late!
1. Afters Ice Cream Milky Bun
Donuts are delicious. Ice cream is delicious. And when you put them together? Delicious. This milky bun from Afters Ice Cream is filled with their cookie monster ice cream and dipped in pieces of Oreos.
2. Unicorn Nitro Pop
This pop corn is covered in colorful caramel and dunked in liquid nitrogen. Not only is it delicious, but it is fun too! Pop some in your mouth and watch as vapor comes out of your nose.
3. Conchita Ice Cream Sandwich
Mi Cafecito located in Mi Poco LA is serving up delicious ice cream sandwiches on conchitas and orejitas. Horchata ice cream on pan dulce makes for a great combination to satisfy that sweet tooth.
4. Mexican Funnel Cake
Mexican funnel cake puts a sweet twist on the traditional fair funnel cake. Made with churros and topped with whipped cream, this is a great dessert to share with the family… or enjoy it all on your own!
5. Fabes shakes
Check out these Insta-worthy shakes! What could be wrong with a mason jar full of your favorite flavored shake topped with whip cream and a whole donut? You need a jumbo straw for this one!
Want to see where you can find these sweet treats? Dowload our app where you can search for the food you’re craving. The LA County Fair mobile app is available in the iTunes App Store and Android Marketplace.
What will you be trying at the Fair this weekend?by
As part of the Los Angeles International Olive Oil Competition, we have gold medal and best of show winners here at the Fair. In the Wine, Beer and Spirits Marketplace, there is a corner full of award-winning olive oil from all around the world.
Not only can you see the diverse flavors, labels and types of olive oil from various countries, you can taste and buy them too. The olive oil tasting is free, so grab a piece of bread and dip it in a variety of options from blood orange to sweet basil. And when you find the one(s) you love, you can buy them to take home and enjoy year round.
Most of the olive oils available for sale are local from California. But one in particular comes all the way from Italy. One of the Italian olive oil producers shipped his olive oil, La Farfalla di Farfa, and flew all the way to the Fair for opening weekend, so that fair guests could enjoy his authentic Italian olive oil.
Come out to the Marketplace for free olive oil tastings and to buy some of the best olive oil in the state.
If we had to pick a theme for the Fair food this year, it would definitely be color. From cotton candy ice cream sandwiches to unicorn nitro-pop, there are plenty of new treats to try at the 2017 LA County Fair. Check out Foodbeast’s foray into the crazy world of Fair food:
The only question that remains is: which Fair foods do you dare to try? Tell us in the comments below!
For special offers, hours, parking info and more, visit us at lacountyfair.com!by
It’s time for our first Fair Food Friday of 2017! Today’s theme: staying cool. Temperatures are supposed to drop by the end of the weekend, but for now we’re cooling down as much as we can! Here are some of our top recommendations:
1. All the ice cream: We have an incredibly colorful variety of ice cream treats at the Fair this year. From Chicken Charlie’s cotton candy ice cream sandwiches to the Fair-exclusive flavors from Afters Ice Cream, there are plenty of sweet creamy treats to try.
If you’re looking for that old-school flair, Old Time’s soft-serve never disappoints. In fact, it wouldn’t be the LA County Fair without them!
We even have gourmet gelato thanks to Fabe’s Curros and Gelato!
Download the Fairplex app on your Android or iPhone and visit the LA County Fair tab to explore your options!
2. Fruit smoothies: Terri’s Berries fruit smoothies are delicious and one of our go-to treats on a hot afternoon. The Mixed Berry is one of our favorites (paired with a giant cup of watermelon!)
3. Indoor dining: Escape the heat, soak up the A/C and enjoy a relaxing meal at one of our indoor restaurants! There is plenty to choose from: Maria’s Italian Kitchen, Spaghetti Eddie’s, Top of the Park… and if you don’t want to have a full sit-down meal, there are plenty of food stands inside our shopping halls.
4. Shave Ice: If you’re looking for something a little lighter than ice cream, why not try shave ice? There are plenty of flavorful combos to choose from: strawberry, watermelon, blueberry, cherry, pineapple, the list goes on!
BONUS: Michelaguas: Okay so a michelagua doesn’t necessarily count as food, but it’s one of our favorite drinks so we thought we would give it a little love!
If you’re visiting us this weekend, please remember to stay cool! Drink plenty of water, hang out in our indoor exhibits and treat yourself to one of these ice-cold options.
What are some of your favorite LA County Fair food items? Tell us in the comments below!
For hours, tickets and additional info, visit us at lacountyfair.com.by
There is one thing our team has in common, and that is our love of food. Every year we look forward to trying the newest, craziest Fair foods out there, and many of you are the same way!
This year, Fair fans consumed two fields of corn, 6,000 deep-fried bacon s’mores and 1,000 lbs (yes, POUNDS) of butter. Take a look at our infographic to see what else you ate this year:
What was your favorite Fair food experience this year? Tell us in the comments below! For more information about the LA County Fair, visit lacountyfair.com.by
With only two days of Fair left, it’s safe to say we’ve tried nearly every food item there is to try here (although there are some we haven’t reached yet… 1,200 choices are a lot to choose from.)
For this week’s Fair Food Friday, we are taking you through the most decadent, indulgent, sweetest, gooiest, craziest Fair foods we have had so far. Check it out!
Fair Food Friday: Dare To Indulge
1. Gourmet Milkshakes
Served in a mason jar, these super sweet, delicious treat is customized to your personal preferences. Whether you prefer whipped cream and a cherry on top, or crunched cookies mixed into your shake, there are a number of options to choose from.
2. Ice Cream
There are a number of places you can buy ice cream here at the Fair, and each stand has their own specialty, but we can guarantee you that all of them will leave your sweet tooth satisfied and reaching a sugar high in no time. We recommend Dr. Bob’s and Old Time Ice Cream for starters!
3. Texas-Size Donuts
These donuts are literally the size of your face. Served in a number of colors, sprinkles, and flavors, you won’t find these at your local Krispy Kreme! The only question is, do you share with your friends and dare to try and eat it all by yourself?
4. Chicken & Waffle On A Stick
Chicken Charlie NEVER fails to create something new, fun, and absolutely delicious at the Fair! While there are a number of items we could choose from (deep-fried bacon s’mores for one…), we had to go with the Chicken & Waffle On A Stick invention!
These are just a few of the amazing foods to try here at the Fair. There are tons of other indulgent choices, like the Dino Rib, bacon-wrapped pork belly, Mexican funnel cake and all the other delicious things we’ve covered in our past Fair Food Friday posts.
But enough from us… what were your favorite Fair foods this year?by
By now I’m sure many of you have already visited the Fair at least once, but for those of you who haven’t taken the time to #DARETOFAIR, continue reading as I go over the top 5 things to do at the 2016 LA County Fair.
1) Indulge – We love food and know you do too! With such concoctions as deep-fried hot sauce, chicken IN waffles (served on a stick), spaghetti ice cream, guacamole balls – battered and fried, bacon-wrapped everything and the belly-buster Krispy Kreme triple cheeseburger, take the day off and eat. Don’t fight it. The Fair only comes around once a year.
2) Roar! – The LA County Fair takes you back 65 million years with life-sized dinosaurs roaming the hillside behind the Flower & Garden Pavilion. Jurassic Planet features 35 animatronic creatures from the mighty T-Rex to the lovable Maiasaura, so realistic you’ll truly think you’ve stepped back in time. Everyone becomes amateur paleontologists with a dino dig pit and fossil hunting. A real paleontologist is on hand to answer any and all questions. A nominal admission fee required for ages 6 and older.
3) OUR BODY: The Universe Within – Go under the skin of human anatomy – literally! – with this fascinating, educational exhibit of 200 uniquely preserved human specimens offering a vibrant, 3D view of our bodies usually reserved just for doctors.
4) The Igloo – Chill-out in our Arctic Village with Polar Ice Rink* and Penguin Sled Run* made with real ice and snow! Shop the Arctic Promenade for cool products and come back after 6pm for an all-ages dance party featuring DJ Cool and periodic snow storms. *. A nominal admission fee required for ages 6 and older.
5) The Farm – One of the favorite attractions at the LA County Fair, The Farm features a five-acre organic urban garden and the Big Red Barn, home to familiar and not-so-familiar barnyard critters. Children (and adults) love hanging out with our sheep, pigs, goats, chickens and cows.
LA County Fair Giveaway
**WE HAVE OUR WINNER**
Congratulations to ARMANDO for being selected as our winner! Armando says his kids would like to see all the animals, while he and his wife would enjoy trying all the Fair food before our season comes to an end.
Thank you to everyone for playing!
What would you like to see before the Fair goes away?
Comment below for your chance to win a family 4-pack of admission tickets, carnival ride passes, and a #DARETOFAIR swag bag!
Winners are selected randomly and will be announced Friday, Sept. 23 at 2 pm PDT.
Yes we are shamelessly addicted to Chicken Charlie’s deep-fried bacon s’mores, and Tasti Chips doused in gooey cheese and sauce, but there are plenty of healthy (and delicious) Fair foods to try too! Here’s a quick round-up of our go-to favorites:
Healthy Food at the LA County Fair
1. Vegan Jackfruit Tacos
New this year, the Jackfruit Tacos (and nachos, tortas and bean bowls) are a must-try, whether you’re vegan or not. Refreshing, filling and just the right size, this is a vegan favorite, both at the Fair and when they’re out and about in Los Angeles.
2. Pappa’s Artisanal Woodfired Pizzas (Yes, pizza!)
Local foodie favorite Pappa’s has brought their kitchen to The Farm, whipping up delicious harvest bowls and wood-fired pizzas. Every day they select some of their ingredients straight from our Farm! It doesn’t get much fresher than that.
3. Chicken Charlie’s Maui Chicken
Chicken Charlie serves up a killer meal: grilled chicken, pineapple and rice, all arranged in a carved out pineapple shell. Might as well stock up on protein while you’re indulging your sugary and savory Fair cravings, right? There is also a shrimp option if you prefer that.
Bonus: he also offer grilled chicken kabobs, hummus and pita bread
4. Cold Treats: Terri’s Berries, AB Sorbet and Pineapple Dole Whip
Terri’s Berries offers a variety of fruit smoothies, while AB Sorbet and the Mexican Funnel Cake stands offer gluten-free, vegan sweet treats for your enjoyment. You can find any and all of these stands using our Food Finder on our website!
Our giant coconut waters are a fan favorite! Not only are they full of electrolytes and totally hydrating, they’re also delicious! Just a sip and you’ll be craving the beaches of Hawaii.
While we are HUGE advocates of the deep-fried, battered, gooey, cheesy, decadent treats that the Fair has to offer, we highly recommend you try one of these healthy food items the next time you’re here. Equally delicious, equally satisfying, but just a tad better for your body than all the rest of our treats.
For even more healthy options like wraps, salads and smoothies, check out our Food Finder at lacountyfair.com!by
Week 3 of the Fair has just started, but we couldn’t let Week 2 go by without giving kudos to some of our favorite social media photos! Here are some of our favorites that you took last week:
#DareToFair Photo Round-Up Opening Weekend
1. This photo of Stanley checking this cut-out of himself out.
2. This awesome photo of Zor, our fire performer at Mojo’s Wild & Crazy Lagoon.
3. This adorable (and brave) little one taking a ride on a T-rex in Jurassic Planet.
4. This beautiful blend of purple & pink carnival lights.
5. This young guest rocking a Dare To Fair cape.
These are just some of our top picks from what we’ve seen so far! For a chance to get featured on our Fair blog and other social channels, make sure you use #DareToFairand/or #lacountyfair in your photos!
For all info regarding the Fair, visit us at lacountyfair.com!by