More than 40 dinosaurs have come back from extinction to visit the LA County Fair.
Check them out!
Check out some of the prehistoric creatures from last year, here.by
Jurassic Planet is home to prehistoric creatures returning from extinction just for the Fair. The dinosaurs have started moving in and will be enjoying the sunshine before fair-guests come to visit them beginning Sept. 1. They may look vicious, but don’t worry, they’re too full on funnel cake to eat you.
Check out their progress:
Jurassic World will host more than 40 dinosaurs with long necks, massive talons, sharp teeth and everything in between.
Real paleontologists will be on site to teach about the history of dinosaurs and even show off some of their distant relatives in the Chamber of Living Dinosaurs. Jumbo lizards, tortoises, alligator and turkey are just some of the descendants of the dinosaur family tree.
Between an interactive game show, hands-on experiences and a comedic show from Dr. T-Rex, Jurassic planet is full of prehistoric fun!
By now I’m sure many of you have already visited the Fair at least once, but for those of you who haven’t taken the time to #DARETOFAIR, continue reading as I go over the top 5 things to do at the 2016 LA County Fair.
1) Indulge – We love food and know you do too! With such concoctions as deep-fried hot sauce, chicken IN waffles (served on a stick), spaghetti ice cream, guacamole balls – battered and fried, bacon-wrapped everything and the belly-buster Krispy Kreme triple cheeseburger, take the day off and eat. Don’t fight it. The Fair only comes around once a year.
2) Roar! – The LA County Fair takes you back 65 million years with life-sized dinosaurs roaming the hillside behind the Flower & Garden Pavilion. Jurassic Planet features 35 animatronic creatures from the mighty T-Rex to the lovable Maiasaura, so realistic you’ll truly think you’ve stepped back in time. Everyone becomes amateur paleontologists with a dino dig pit and fossil hunting. A real paleontologist is on hand to answer any and all questions. A nominal admission fee required for ages 6 and older.
3) OUR BODY: The Universe Within – Go under the skin of human anatomy – literally! – with this fascinating, educational exhibit of 200 uniquely preserved human specimens offering a vibrant, 3D view of our bodies usually reserved just for doctors.
4) The Igloo – Chill-out in our Arctic Village with Polar Ice Rink* and Penguin Sled Run* made with real ice and snow! Shop the Arctic Promenade for cool products and come back after 6pm for an all-ages dance party featuring DJ Cool and periodic snow storms. *. A nominal admission fee required for ages 6 and older.
5) The Farm – One of the favorite attractions at the LA County Fair, The Farm features a five-acre organic urban garden and the Big Red Barn, home to familiar and not-so-familiar barnyard critters. Children (and adults) love hanging out with our sheep, pigs, goats, chickens and cows.
LA County Fair Giveaway
**WE HAVE OUR WINNER**
Congratulations to ARMANDO for being selected as our winner! Armando says his kids would like to see all the animals, while he and his wife would enjoy trying all the Fair food before our season comes to an end.
Thank you to everyone for playing!
What would you like to see before the Fair goes away?
Comment below for your chance to win a family 4-pack of admission tickets, carnival ride passes, and a #DARETOFAIR swag bag!
Winners are selected randomly and will be announced Friday, Sept. 23 at 2 pm PDT.
It was only a matter of time until one of our dinosaurs found his/her way out of Jurassic Planet and into the Fairgrounds. Luckily, looks can be deceiving — turns out he was quite friendly towards our guests:by
Week 3 of the Fair has just started, but we couldn’t let Week 2 go by without giving kudos to some of our favorite social media photos! Here are some of our favorites that you took last week:
#DareToFair Photo Round-Up Opening Weekend
1. This photo of Stanley checking this cut-out of himself out.
2. This awesome photo of Zor, our fire performer at Mojo’s Wild & Crazy Lagoon.
3. This adorable (and brave) little one taking a ride on a T-rex in Jurassic Planet.
4. This beautiful blend of purple & pink carnival lights.
5. This young guest rocking a Dare To Fair cape.
These are just some of our top picks from what we’ve seen so far! For a chance to get featured on our Fair blog and other social channels, make sure you use #DareToFairand/or #lacountyfair in your photos!
For all info regarding the Fair, visit us at lacountyfair.com!by
This weekend felt like perfection: the sunny light weather, the animals, the rides, the food, the crowds… Fair is here and we couldn’t be happier.
We really embraced the #DareToFair spirit with everything we experienced. Check it out!
We open again on Wednesday, Sept. 7 and we hope you’ll join us for another weekend of Fair! Visit lacountyfair.com for info on tickets, promotions and more.by
In case you haven’t heard, WE HAVE DINOSAURS at the LA County Fair…and we are LOVING the love we’re getting from our Fairgoers. Here is a sneak peak into Jurassic Planet.
Jurassic Planet, the Fair’s new outdoor prehistoric attraction, goes back 65 million years and is home to nearly 40 life-size animatronic dinosaurs. Are they domesticated or do they still rage with the fury of the largest inhabitants on earth trying to survive? I guess Fairguests will have to find out for themselves.
Discover how these giants from the past made the Fair their new home. Learn the idiosyncrasies of these extra, extra large reptiles. Fascinating facts are part of the experience; you’ll learn more than you ever thought possible about dinosaurs, like the fact that their closest living relatives are birds.
Outside the gates of Jurassic Planet is an interactive play park where adults and children can dig for fossils, visit the touch table and talk to a real-life paleontologist.
This attraction has a $5 admission fee. Open all day and perfect for all ages.
Have you visited Jurassic Planet? What did you think of it?
Let us know in the comment section.
Construction is already starting on one of our largest 2016 exhibits: Jurassic Planet. We’re very happy to welcome back this fan favorite and look forward to experiencing it all come September!
Check back here later this year for additional updates (and giveaways!) for the 2016 LA County Fair. It’s going to be a fun seasonby
2016 is just around the corner and plans for next year’s Fair are here! We wanted to share a little sneak preview of one of our attractions: Jurassic Planet. Yep, the fan favorite is back in town! If you’re a dinosaur fan like we are, you’ll love everything we are bringing to the Fairgrounds but for now, here is a quick look:
Each exhibit starts as a sketch, then transforms into the life-size attraction one step at a time. It can take up to 3 months to build our larger exhibits.
What kind of dinosaur wonders are behind those gates? You’ll have to wait and see!by